This 3 day training and assessment course is aimed at those involved with the installation and maintenance of Solar Thermal Systems. It covers:
- Regulations and Standards
- Principles and Components
- Solar Thermal collector types
- Solar heated storage types
- Solar primary system types
- Basic solar heating system design and integration
- External and internal site survey, installation methods and materials
- Filling and commissioning
- Solar Thermal system servicing and fault finding
The course includes training, training materials and practical and theory assessments. As a QCF qualification, there is no expiry date on this qualification.
Candidates should hold a recognised N/SVQ Level 2/3 in either Plumbing, Heating and Ventilating, Oil-Fired Technical Services, Gas Installation and Maintenance or approved equivalent. Alternatively candidates should hold an appropriate gas, oil or solid fuel qualification and a current industry recognised qualification in Water Regulations , Energy Efficiency and Hot Water Systems & Safety (Unvented) if not included in the qualifications above.