The course provides the skills and knowledge required, and includes:
- The requirements of the relevant regulations/ standards relating to practical installation, testing and commissioning activities for solar photovoltaic system installation work
- The fundamental differences between AC and DC circuits within solar photovoltaic systems
- The purpose of solar photovoltaic system components
- The types, silicon characteristics and typical conversion efficiencies of solar photovoltaic modules
- The fundamental design principles used to design solar photovoltaic system module array size and position requirements
- Solar photovoltaic system DC and AC circuit installation layouts within the scope of the relevant Engineering Recommendation for grid tied systems
- Solar photovoltaic system protection techniques and components
- The requirements to test, commission and handover solar photovoltaic systems
- How to install solar photovoltaic system components
- The requirements for the routine inspection, service and maintenance of solar photovoltaic system installations
- How to diagnose and rectify faults in solar photovoltaic system installations
- Introduction to EESS (Electrical Energy Storage Systems).
- Understand different components and architectures involved.
- EESS applications and operating states.
- AC vs DC Battery systems.
- Electrical regulations and standards including the IET Code of Practice and MIS 3012.
- Safety and planning.
- Designing, specification, sizing, and installation of an EESS.
- Self-consumption calculations based on MGD 003.
- DNO Approval and network connection process.
- Health Safety Issues.
- Inspection, testing, commissioning and maintenance.
- Handover and documentation.
Aimed at those who hold a current 18th Edition Wiring Regulations, Initial Verification and or be a member of a Competent Person Scheme as a qualified supervisor, it meets the competence criteria laid down by the MCS schemes for those wishing to install Solar PV systems.
The course includes training, training manual, assessment and certify cation fees.