The course provides the skills and knowledge required, and includes:
- The requirements of the relevant regulations/ standards relating to practical installation, testing and commissioning activities for solar photovoltaic system installation work
- The fundamental differences between AC and DC circuits within solar photovoltaic systems
- The purpose of solar photovoltaic system components
- The types, silicon characteristics and typical conversion efficiencies of solar photovoltaic modules
- The fundamental design principles used to design solar photovoltaic system module array size and position requirements
- Solar photovoltaic system DC and AC circuit installation layouts within the scope of the relevant Engineering Recommendation for grid tied systems
- Solar photovoltaic system protection techniques and components
- The requirements to test, commission and handover solar photovoltaic systems
- How to install solar photovoltaic system components
- The requirements for the routine inspection, service and maintenance of solar photovoltaic system installations
- How to diagnose and rectify faults in solar photovoltaic system installations
Aimed at those who hold a current 17th Edition or 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualification, and an accepted electrical testing qualification such as the Domestic Electrical Installer, it meets the competence criteria laid down by the MCS schemes for those wishing to install Solar PV systems so that their customers can benefit from the Feed In Tariff.
The course includes training, training manual, assessment and certification fees.