Who should take this course?
This qualification is aimed at electrical operatives who have practical experience and knowledge of inspection & testing of electrical installations, who require to become certified.
What do I need to take this course?
Candidates must hold the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualification and have experience of working on electrical installations.
The course content covers the following areas:
- Introduction to Inspection & Testing
- Requirements for initial verification
- Safe use of test equipment
- Complying with BS7671 wiring regulations
- Safe isolation procedures
- Order of tests
- Continuity of protective conductors
- Insulation resistance tests
- Polarity tests
- Earth electrode tests
- Earth fault loop impedance tests
- RCD testing
- Condition Reporting/Periodic Inspection
- Recording and completion of test results
- Commissioning of electrical installations
- Exam preparation