This course shows an organisation’s commitment to Gas Safety, by increasing knowledge and awareness of Gas Safety issues in those who deal with contractors or customers in an administration or customer facing role. It is also useful for those who visit customers in their homes, such as Housing Officers, Social Workers or Carers, by alerting them to the signs of a dangerous gas appliance, and the effects of Carbon Monoxide.
The course covers:
- The types of gas used in domestic dwellings and the requirements for correct combustion
- The effects that Carbon Monoxide can have on the human body
- How Carbon Monoxide detectors should be used to reduce risk
- How to identify the signs of an appliance which has combustion/flue/ventilation problems
- The requirements for landlords under the Gas Safety Regulations
- The requirements placed upon Gas Installers to work legally in domestic property
- The actions necessary in the event of a gas escape or report of fumes
The course includes training, training materials and written assessment.
It can be delivered on site, or at our Stockport Centre.