This nationally recognised course is completed as a distance learning programme, with full support provided by an allocated ECTA mentor. It requires the learner to read around the subject, and gain a deep understanding of the units, by researching industry standards and guidance documents, as well as examining the procedures used to manage gas works.
- Know and understand combustion and Carbon Monoxide
- Know and understand flueing and ventilation of gas appliances
- Know and understand the design, types, operation and installation of gas appliances, meters and pipework
- Know and understand the management responsibilities in managing gas safety in Social Housing
- Know and understand the legislative requirements affecting the management of gas safety in social housing environments
No previous knowledge or experience of gas is required, but candidates should be in role where they are involved in Gas work in Social Housing. The course includes a Logic Certification Domestic Gas Manual, assessments and full support from an allocated ECTA mentor.
Qualification Reference: 600/7942/3 Credit Value: 15
- R/503/2423 – Combustion and Carbon Monoxide – Credit Value: 1
- H/503/2426 – Flueing and Ventilation of Gas Appliances – Credit Value: 2
- M/503/2431 – Appliances, Meters and Pipework – Credit Value: 4
- T/503/2423 – Gas Safety Management in Social Housing – Credit Value: 4
- J/503/2435 – Gas Safety Legislation – Credit Value: 4