Aimed at those who already hold a plumbing, gas, oil or solid fuel qualification, this course will allow you to add Heat pumps to your repertoire. As customers are increasingly looking for ways to become more energy efficient and move from fossil fuels to green technologies, this course teaches all you need to know to be able to offer your customers an alternative to the traditional ways of heating their homes.
The course covers:
- The requirements of relevant regulations/standards relating to practical installation, testing and commissioning activities for heat pump installation work
- The purpose and operational characteristics of heat pump unit and heat pump system components, different types of heat pump units and arrangements for hydraulic emitter circuits
- The fundamental principles of heat pump selection and system design that are common to both air and ground source heat pumps
- The fundamental design principles for ground source ‘closed loop’ heat pump collector circuit design, component sizing and installation
- The layouts of ‘open loop’ water filled heat pump collector circuits
- The fundamental design considerations and principles that are specific to air source heat pumps
- The preparatory work and requirements to install and test heat pump systems (non-refrigerant circuits)
- The requirements to commission and handover heat pump system installations (non-refrigerant circuits)
- Installation, testing, commissioning & handover of ground and air source heat pumps (non-refrigerant circuits)
- The requirements for the non-refrigerant circuit routine service and maintenance of heat pump system installations
- The non-refrigerant circuit routine service and maintenance of a ground or air source heat pump system installation
- non-refrigerant circuit fault diagnosis and rectification work on an air or ground source heat pump system installation
As well as a recognised Level 2 plumbing, gas, oil or solid fuel qualification, candidates will also need a current Water Regulations and Energy Efficiency qualification.
The course includes training, training manual, assessment and certification fees. This qualification does not expire, but may be updated as legislation changes.
Qualification reference: 600/7730/X Credit Value: 10