It demonstrates an organisations commitment to gas safety, and leaners will gain a comprehensive knowledge of both the technical aspects of the work and the standards and legislation which underpin it. This gives learners confidence when dealing with engineers and clients, and will improve their ability to manage the gas work and the quality management process and procedures relating to their role.
The course covers:
- The combustion process and analysis of non-domestic appliances
- The flueing and ventilation of non-domestic plant and appliances
- The design, types, operation and installation requirements of non-domestic plant, gas appliances, pipework and catering appliances
- The rules and responsibilities regarding Gas Safety Facilities Management.
- The legislative requirements affecting the management of gas safety in non-domestic and catering premises
With support from their ECTA mentor, the learner investigates the topics covered, providing written assignments along the way. This course should take approximately 12 months to complete, and is pitched at a level somewhere between A-Level and Degree standard.
Each unit completed will be followed up with a professional discussion.
Qualification Reference: 601/2942/6
T/506/1266 Flueing and Ventilation of Non-domestic plant and appliances
A/506/1267 Gas Safety Facilities Management
F/506/1268 Non- Domestic Appliances, plant and pipework
J/506/1272 The combustion process and analysis of non-domestic appliances
M/506/5269 Gas Safety Legislation
Total Credit Value: 18