This allows operatives to gain a formal qualification to enable them to undertake this task. The qualification covers:-
- Being able to plan and conduct for an audit
- Understand the requirements for maintaining audit records and information
- Be able to apply audit interview techniques
- Understand the purpose and function of an audit report
- Be able to provide constructive feedback on the findings of an audit
- Understand the technical and safety considerations in planning and conducting audits of gas work
- Know the legislation and standards relevant conducting audits of gas work
- Know how to work safely when conducting audits
Learners must hold a current and valid certificate of gas safety competence for the range and type of gas appliances and installations to be audited.
Learners gaining this qualification can progress on to the Level 3 Award in Auditing of a Gas Business’s Work Management Procedures.