The roll out of Smart Meter installations in the UK is due to start in earnest in 2016. Courses are open to those who already hold gas or electrical qualifications, as well as those who are new to the industry. Please see our brochure on the Level 2 Diplomas in Smart Metering for further information on these qualifications. The Smart Meter (Dual Fuel) qualification will allow successful candidates to become a Smart Gas & Electric Meter installer in domestic property. ECTA are including the ACS CMA1 & MET1 qualifications as part of the training package, which on successful completion, will allow candidates a route in to the Gas industry and the chance to upskill to work on other gas appliances in the future if required. This is part of a suite of qualifications for those wishing to take advantage of the national installation of smart meters in 27 million homes by 2020.
The course includes the following units:
- Working Practices in the Energy and Utilities sector
- Working Safely in the Energy and Utilities Sector
- Using and Communicating Technical Information in the Energy and Utilities Sector
- Delivering Customer Service When Working Within the Energy and Utilities Sector
- Install and Commission Communication Systems for Smart Meters
- Applied Practices and Principles for Installing Low Pressure Natural Gas Smart Meters up to U6 only
- Prepare, Install and Commission Low Pressure Natural Gas Smart Meter and Regulator up to 6.0m3/hr
- Low Pressure Gas Smart Meter Tightness Testing and Direct Purging
- Install Single Phase Meter and Associated Equipment
- Change Single Phase Meter and Associated Equipment
Candidates must be working for or with an Energy supplier (or partner company) and have access to onsite supervised work placements by an authorised third party. ECTA can provide these placements through our partnership with Runrec Metering Recruitment, and they may lead to a permanent position with a national meter installation company.
The course consists of centre based training and onsite training, and candidates are provided with a portfolio in which centre guided training and onsite training and experience is recorded.
The guided learning hours are approximately 322 hours for this qualification. Please contact us to discuss pricing, duration and availability, as these may differ depending on your individual requirements. Durations quoted are approximate.
PRICING AVAILABLE ON REQUEST