This four day course covers the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations including amendment 3 2015, and is a qualification required by the Competent Persons Schemes for electrics. It is also a prerequisite qualification for those wishing to take the Solar Photovoltaic qualification.
The objective of the qualification is to demonstrate that the learner can:
- Identify the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- Interpret the definitions in BS7671
- Interpret the requirements of assessing the general characteristics of electrical installations within the scope of BS7671
- Identify the requirements of protection for safety within the scope of BS7671
- Identify the requirements for selecting and erecting equipment within the scope of BS7671
- Identify the requirements for inspecting and testing
- Identify the requirements for special locations
- Identify the information in the appendices of BS7671
The course includes 3 days training, followed by 2 multiple choice examinations.
Candidates will need to bring a copy of the IET Wiring Regulations (BS7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment Number 3:2015) which be purchased through the IEE website, Amazon or other good bookshops!
Please note: 18th Edition is due out on 2nd July 2018, please click here for further information